WE ARE HIRING 5* Housekeeper / Hospitality Manager
5 Star Housekeeper / Hospitality Manager
We are looking for a SUPERSTAR!
Are you someone who is full of positivity and energy, and applies a conscientious attitude to everything you do? Are you someone who operates with professionalism and is dependable and discreet? Can you provide the warmest of welcomes, and operate with diligence and a super attention to detail? Are organisation and timekeeping your ninja skills? If you are ambitious and hard-working, looking to excel in boutique high-end hospitality within a rewarding environment and want to be part of a close and dedicated team, this could be the perfect role for you…
Who we are:
Nithbank Country Estate is a young but well-established award-winning business. A Country House, set in 11 acres of grounds and ancient woodland. With 5 Star VisitScotland grading, visitors choose Nithbank to experience the very best in quality alongside the privacy of being home away from home. We are a great place to create memorable experiences and share special occasions with family and friends. We are a special and unique destination and enjoy our Biosphere certification status, welcoming guests from across the world and building friendships to return year on year.
We operate a business with a conscience and support responsible, sustainable and local. We are passionate advocates of the Galloway & Southern Ayrshire UNESCO Biosphere and hold the Certification Mark for accommodation and service operating in a world-class environment, alongside the Gold award from Green Tourism.
Our team is our most important asset and we strive to work with dedicated and talented individuals who are passionate about our guests, our brand, our environment and our growth.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to establish this new role from scratch and make it their own. This is a varied role and forms 2 parts: Working with the owners you will maintain and deliver excellent standards of housekeeping and hospitality at Nithbank.
- Attend to the housekeeping requirements ensuring five-star standards are maintained at all times for guest changeovers, the private residence and visitors to the private household.
- Carry out the guest room changeovers, in line with the current Industry Covid-19 Cleaning Protocols.
- Ensure the in-house laundry schedule is adhered to including the washing of bedding, table linen, and guest’s items when required. Manage external laundry ordering, collections and delivery.
- Ensure adequate stocks of toiletries, consumables and paper goods are available for the guest and private rooms.
- Maintain the inventory of kitchen and pantry stocks and ensure ordering is made in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of privacy within the household working closely with the owners.
- Ad hoc duties such as feeding our 3 Belted Galloway cows, gathering fruit from our kitchen garden or running errands to keep operations moving.
- Undertake regular annual appraisals of maintenance for the private housekeeping.
- Assist with greeting and hosting guests, ensuring their comfort is taken care of at all times and any requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Assist with front of house breakfast service
- Assist in the kitchen with breakfast service preparation, home baking and clearing away.
- Managing booking and payment systems and dealing with enquiries.
- Undertake any training required for the advancement of the role.
- This is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required and it is expected that the role will grow significantly as the business expands.
Initially, the position will be 20 hours per week over 5 mornings, with some additional hours in the evening as required at busy times, flexibility in this role will be essential.
Salary will be subject to experience.
Who you are:
You’ll love to get stuck in and make this role your own. You will possess the keenest eye for detail and be committed to maintaining exemplary standards and providing a super quality offering. Its important to have a methodical, proactive approach and be able to spot issues, being the eyes and ears across the business, you’ll be switched on to managing every aspect of housekeeping operations. There will be opportunity grow within the role, to shadow the owners and begin to take on hospitality and management duties. You will be passionate about the environment and promote new initiatives for responsible and sustainable operations. You are enthusiastic about consistency but advocate change to grow and develop opportunities for both yourself and the business.
Applications: Please send your CV along with a covering letter detailing your past experience and current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 18th June.